Camping near the Drôme
20 minutes from Valence, 1 hour from Lyon and Grenoble, the Drôme department borders the Ardèche and Isère.
Presentation of the Drôme
When we talk about this department, we immediately think of the Drôme Provençale with the Château de Grignan, Buis les Baronnies, Saint Paul les trois châteaux….
In the centre of the Valley of Gastronomy, the Drôme des collines offers us gourmet treasures, Come and taste the Valrhona chocolates, the nougats of Montélimar, the ravioles of Romans and its pognes. But beware, no dish without wine: the Côtes du Rhône (Clairette de Die, Croze Hermitage….) await you…
You will also be delighted by the sightseeing tours such as Le Palais Idéal du facteur Cheval, the Crest tower, walks in the Vercors, and the visit of Valence and its Jouvet Park. Nature lovers, we invite you to book your canoe trip down the Drôme. Near Pont en Royans you will find the garden of the petrifying fountains.
By bike, the ViaRhôna is shared equally between the Drôme and the Ardèche.
In case of rain, you can visit the shoe museum or shop in the factory shops in Romans sur Isère. Don’t forget to visit Lafuma in Anneyron.
Tournon campsite ideal for visiting the Drôme
After discovering the secrets of the Ardèche Verte, take a diversion into the Drôme and visit its must-see places. Then, at the end of the day, join your rental at the camping Tournon to relax and spend pleasant moments with your family.
- At 1 km : The Cité du Chocolat and Valrhona chocolate factory in Tain l’Hermitage
- At 1 km: The Voie verte vélo
- At 2 km: The cellars: Cave de Tain, Chapoutier, Domaine Jaboulet Aîné in Tain l’Hermitage
- At 15 km : The city of Valence with its Jouvet park, its canals, its shops…
- At 15 km : The lac de Champos in St Donat sur Herbasse
- At 20 km: Factory Stores in Romans sur Isère
- At 30 km: The paddle steamer at Saint-Nazaire-en-Royans
- At 40 km: The Palais idéal du facteur Cheval at Hauterives
- At 56 km: Die, La Tour de Crest, the descent of the Drôme by canoe